Open Source Development Course - 2023.01 for Perl developers
This is going to be an Open Source Development Course starting on Tuesday, 2023.01.24 especially for developers who are interested in contributing to Perl-based open source projects.
- The course will be given in English.
- Number of participants is limited.
- Presentations: Zoom-based. They will be recorded. The participants will have access to the videos. Participation in the presentations is recommended, but not required. So even if you are not available during this time-slot you can still follow the course.
- Presentations will start at 16:00 UTC which is 18:00 Israel, 17:00 CET, 16:00 GMT, 11:00 am EST, 8:00 am PST. every Tuesday.
- Length of the course is: 13 weeks
- Each week we will have one meeting that will last 1-2 hours. Depending on the amount of questions.
- You will get assignments for the week that I will check.
- Expected workload: 5 hours a week including presentations and hands-on work.
As the presentations will be recorded all the course is “asynchronous”. Participants are expected to keep the weekly pace, but within the week they are free to schedule when they watch the presentation and when they do the assignments.
Check out the detailed syllabus.
Price: 200 USD
As part of this discounted price you will be required to contribute to Perl-based open source projects.
- All the proceedings will go as a sponsorship to the The Perl Toolchain Summit.
As this course is especially for people who would like to contribute to Perl-based project we’ll include Perl-specific content. (Testing, code-coverage, linting, packaging).
- If you don’t have an account on GitHub create one.
- Include your GitHub userID in the email you send:
- Send an e-mail to Gabor Szabo firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:
- OSDC 2023.01 for Perl developers